Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Snapshots

(in no particular order)

* Anne grabbed the rails of her crib while sitting on the floor and pulled herself to a standing position.  This was a first, and when I got excited and said "Yay, you did it!!!"  she grinned like she thought she had just conquered Mt. Everest.  In keeping with true Anne fashion, she refused to do it a second time.

* Waking up with Anne on the weekends is possibly the best thing ever.  She wakes up smiling and babbling and rolls around on the bed alternatively "talking" to Kristian or me.  It's so cute I could probably watch her for hours but inevitably Kristian kicks us out of the bed so he can go back to sleep.  It's ok, I wouldn't want to wake up at 6:30 am if I didn't have to either.

* Anne enjoys going out in the stroller for walks through our neighborhood so when I run out of ways to entertain her, I take her for a ride.  She looks attentively around at the houses and trees and cars that we pass.  We have a jogging stroller so I thought I'd give it a whirl for the first time.  Birkenstock sandals and running = not made of win.  Next time I'll go more appropriately dressed and get my jog on.  I realized that the end of our street is not a Mountain of Doom like the rest of it, and the side streets could be joggable as well.  Would make for a nice little bit of exercise.

* Pumping at work has been going reasonably well lately so I was able to take Anne over to her grandparents' house on Saturday so Kristian and I could enjoy some much needed alone time.  It was pretty awesome :-D  I love my daughter, but I love my husband too, and we needed that.  Will definitely have to do it again soon.

* Went to church on Sunday without Kristian because he was sick.  I need to start introducing Anne to the nursery, for several reasons.  One, she's been getting increasingly fussy during the service, at least until I nurse her and she falls asleep for the rest of it.  For two, when I took her in to change her diaper they were singing songs and I swear the look on her face said she wished she could join in.  I would have let her this past Sunday but Anne has a cold and I didn't want to get the other kids sick.  Another reason is a little more selfish on my part...I feel like I could get to know the other young moms at church better if I spent more time in there.  And I really do want to be better friends with them; it's just hard when I work and a lot of the moms at my church are SAHMS; our schedules just don't line up well.   The only thing I worry about is that Anne's routine is to nurse right when the sermon starts and then she sleeps on my lap for the rest of the time we're there...not sure how messing with her morning nap will go on a Sunday.

* Sermon on Sunday was about being judgmental; i.e. judging other people and being condescending and looking down on them.  It gave me a lot to think about because being judgmental is something I struggle with. I think most people have at least some tendency to do it, but I certainly don't want to be judgmental and I try very hard not to be.  I get mistaken for being judgmental sometimes even when I'm not; I have no problem thinking that I disagree with someone's actions without thinking that they're a bad person or that I'm better than them, but I'm not good at conveying that sometimes.   Something to work on.
Sermon can be heard here:  http://cornerstoneduluth.org//sermons/07170211_David%20Mathis.mp3 

1 comment:

  1. So when do we start getting actual snapshots to go with these updates?! ;)

    ReplyDelete