Monday, April 18, 2011

Mess

Today I am overly tired, I don't feel well, I have a clogged duct (read: lots of pain), and I'm overly emotional.  Anne's vaccinations stole my weekend with my daughter because they made her sick and cranky all weekend.  I think she even knew it; Kristian said she woke him up this morning by flailing her arms at him and grinning, not by crying.  More like, "I'm awake, Daddy! Time to play??"  I just needed one more day. 

She needed just one more day, too; she cried when I left this morning and she never does that.  I always use the restroom before I leave the daycare and when I came out she was crying and sitting in Meg's lap.  I went in and held her for another second and tried to get her to smile before I left but it nearly killed me to walk out the door again.   I called around 11 and Meg said she'd been fussy all morning.  All I want to do is leave work and go get her.  Trying to get off early, but who knows.

Do you ever pass car accidents and wonder if you had left 5 minutes earlier if it would have been you?  There was a motorcycle accident a mile from the daycare center this morning that had just happened shortly before I got there.  Police were on the scene but they didn't even have the guy in the ambulance yet.  I couldn't help but wonder if someone was watching over me, and Anne cried and made me later so that I would miss the accident.  Maybe if I had left on time I would have hit the car that hit the motorcycle....

Just a mess today.  I've almost started crying about six different times.  So ready to go home and snuggle with my baby girl and get kisses from my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment