Thursday, May 5, 2011

National Day of Prayer

Today is the National Day of Prayer for 2011.  So, I give you prayer, Nicole-style.  This might get kindof personal.  If you're named, feel happy I pray for you, probably often.  If you're not named it doesn't mean I haven't ever or that I won't ever, but for the sake of this particular prayer I can't name every single one of my friends. 

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be your name,
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done,
On Earth as it is in Heaven. 
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil,
For thine is the Kingdom, the Glory, and the Power,
For ever and ever.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

God, thank you for this beautiful life you have given me, for my healthy body, for my wonderful husband, for Anne, for great parents, for my sisters, for friends, and for good employers. 

Please watch over my Mom and Ray in their new marriage, please help Kristian's parents' hearts continue to heal after the loss of Andrew, please help my sister Kayla to make good decisions, please keep Kat safe from her seizures and help her relationship with Brian to grow, please watch over Andrea and Darren and their family, please watch over Steve and Emily and their family as they begin their marriage in a couple of months, please bless Vern and Amanda, please bless Brian and Jen, please keep Lucy safe, please help my friends who are pregnant to have good, safe births, please bless Dan and Whitney, please watch over Caitlin and keep her safe,

Please help me to be the best wife and mother I can be, please grant me peace with the lost relationships I still struggle with, please help me to not feel so overwhelmed with this new mom thing, please help me to be a better sister and friend,

Please watch over those who are struggling with cancer or other illnesses, please help the families who have been struck by natural disasters to rebuild,

Please guide me in the way that you want me to live my life, and help me to open others' hearts to you, Lord.

I love you. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment