Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Flogging Molly

3.5 hours of sleep is a small price to pay for having an amazing evening with the man I love, complete with our good friends, Dan and Whitney.  Going to the concert with them wasn't planned, but was a nice last minute suprise when we discovered that we all had tickets.  We went together last year, too, and if I remember correctly I think it was for Valentine's Day then as well.   Flogging Molly puts on a fantastic show; I've seen them 4 or 5 times now.  I can definitely tell I'm getting older though because I didn't jump as much as I usually do. But they played my favorite songs, so I was a happy girl; Devil's Dance Floor (LOVE the tin whistle in this one), Float, and If I Ever Leave This World Alive.  I also really like any of the songs that feature the violin.  Bridget Regan is extremely talented and she makes the band for me.  They had great backdrops this year, too, and I always enjoy the visual element of the show. 

Leaving Anne with the grandparents was hard because leaving her is always hard, but Kristian's mom is practically a baby whisperer so I knew she was in good hands, and that Anne would have fun hanging out with them.  The second the door closed behind us I told Kristian I missed her already, though, and he said he did too.  I can't help but laugh at myself for having that mental breakdown a couple of weeks ago over worrying that she would think the daycare teacher was her mom instead of me; it's so obvious that she knows I'm her mom.  Maybe she just seems more aware lately, or maybe I'm more aware, but I can see it in her eyes.  I love the way I can calm her down like no one else can (even without nursing...last Friday she screamed for Kristian for over half an hour but the second I walked in the door and she saw me, she stopped). And she's taken to wrapping her little arms around me when I hold her and it's the best feeling in the world.   I'm loving this age; 4 months rocks because she's still needy and snuggly, and she's starting to play with toys and laugh, but she can't crawl or walk so I don't have to chase her around yet, and she can't talk so I don't have to hear the word "no" over and over again yet.  Not saying those stages will be bad, just a lot more work and right now is pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment