Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Well, hello.

My best friend of 23 years or so, Kat Elliott, keeps telling me I should start a blog.  So, here we go.  Journaling is not an unfamiliar past time for me, I've just previously written in a slightly less public forum called LiveJournal.  You have to have your own account and be friended to me to read it, though, and that doesn't work so well for people who have no interest in having an LJ account.  I also write "Notes" on Facebook, again with a friends locked account, but I don't think you can add pictures to the notes and well, this just seems like a more interesting format. 

I guess I'll open with a brief introduction since this is a public blog.  And I do mean brief, because I really don't care to relate my whole life story in the first post.   I'm Nicole, my amazing husband is Kristian, and our beautiful almost-4-months-old daughter is Anne.  I'm 30 years old going on 30 because I refuse to have any more birthdays and my husband is the same age.  I've had various hobbies throughout my life including marching band, larping, and now a healthy obsession with my daughter.  I'm not afraid to admit I'm a huge dork or that I'm a "crunchy" mom.  Our little family lives in Suwanee, Georgia, in our first house that we bought in the summer of 2010.  I'm a legal assistant/receptionist/secretary/office manager for 5 attorneys in Decatur, Georgia and I've been doing this job since 2002 when I graduated from UGA.   We attend Cornerstone Church of Christ in Duluth and I was baptized (again) in the summer of 2009.  That pretty much covers the bullet list of important stuff, I think.

Round-Robin : "Colloquially, however, 'round-robin' is frequently given an opposite meaning, being used to describe a letter with an author copied and sent to multiple recipients, like the sending of family news at Christmas. This is more correctly termed a circular, or informally, a 'brag & gag'.[1]" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round-robin)  

Today, I am grateful for my husband who is one of those rare men that actually understands he needs to help with the housework now that we have an infant to care for.  I woke up this morning to discover he had unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher last night when I went to bed.  It's such a small thing but I can't tell you how much better it makes my morning when I stumble down to the kitchen at 5 am to find the mess has magically disappeared. 

I am also grateful that I like the morning teacher at our daycare center.  I hate leaving my daughter in daycare, but at least when she grins at Meghan I know she's happy there.   And if Anne is happy, then Mommy is happy. 

So, that's a start.  How frequently I update will depend entirely on how busy I am at work; I rarely get online at home.  Spending time with my husband and daughter trumps surfing the net.  Spending time with my husband and daughter trumps pretty much everything, actually...you will find in my blog posts that family means more to me than anything else in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment