Thursday, March 10, 2011

On the Plus Side

(an exercise in finding the positive)

I hate taking Anne to daycare.   I am so grateful that we found an affordable daycare to take Anne to, and that there are good, loving teachers and directors there to watch over my daughter while I'm at work.

We have a busted pipe.  I am so grateful that we can afford our own house, and that Kristian's dad is awesome and is teaching me how to do home repairs so we hopefully won't have to hire out for them.

My cat threw up on Anne's playmat.  I am so grateful that our cats have not responded to the baby in a violent way so I'm fairly sure we'll be able to keep our pets.

House is a mess.  I am so grateful that I have steady employment and weekends off to spend time with my daughter and husband. 

Money is super tight / health insurance went up / no raises  I am so grateful that Kristian has survived two lay-offs at his office and that we both are still employed; also I am grateful that, although we're living paycheck to paycheck, we haven't had to put anything on a credit card. 

My body ain't what it used to be. I am so grateful to be healthy and to have a loving husband who can see past my physical flaws. 

It's all about attitude.  I think I might start trying to turn as many negative statements into positive ones as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment