Thursday, June 23, 2011

Another Satire : Cry It Out

I love this article.  I even love the way it's written, honestly, and my sentiments actually are the same as the author's, and I'm not going to apologize for it, so if this article offends you : too bad.***  This is what I believe about letting a baby cry it out.  It makes me incredibly sad that mothers have been taught, and listen to this bad advice, that ignoring their babies at night time is a good thing.  It's not.  It's painful to hear your child cry for a biological reason...that's your "alarm system" telling you to take care of your child.  Somewhere along the line working mothers decided that their own uninterrupted sleep was more important than the needs of a tiny, helpless baby, and it breaks my heart.  I wish more women would listen to their maternal instincts and ignore crappy advice to just let their babies cry.  But this author says it better than I can:

http://womanuncensored.blogspot.com/2009/12/just-let-her-cry.html


*** The only phrase I really don't like is when she claims that parents who do this "suck at being a parent at night time."  I don't think these parents "suck at being a parent."  I think they've been given, and are following, bad advice.  I have friends that have used sleep training to some degree or another by using CIO (by the way, there are alternatives to sleep train without making your babies cry), and I think they are very good parents.  But I also wish they didn't practice CIO, because I personally feel that CIO is awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment