Monday, August 22, 2011

Awesome Weekend

Friday night I fell asleep on the couch with Anne while Kristian played video games.  For about the millionth time, he was sweet and let us lay on the couch while he sat on the floor.  He's been sitting on the floor since Anne was born so that I can lay down with her, and we've talked about getting a beanbag chair but sometimes convincing him to spend money on himself is harder than pulling teeth.

Which is why when I was out shopping Saturday morning for some things for Anne, and I saw a sign in a store window that said "Beanbag Chairs Sold Here" (or something similar), I decided to check it out.  Walking up to the store I realized the chairs might be a bit pricey, it was a leather furniture store, but I figured it was worth a shot.  I was right, they were pricey.  But I also knew that these chairs were comparable to prices I'd seen online, and the benefits of buying the chair from this store included the fact that I could see what I was getting, and if it ever needs more stuffing I know where to get it refilled.  I talked to the sales associate, I hemmed and hawed enough that he dropped the price by $50, I sat in the chair, fell in love, and bought it for Kristian.   He deserves it.

The fun part was trying to get it home.  The thing is HUGE.  When you sit in it, the beans stack up behind you to make a chair back.  It even gives me a headrest, but I'm shorter than Kristian.  Since I had Anne with me, the stroller was in the trunk, so I told the sales associate we could just stuff it in my front seat.  After pushing and poking for a few minutes we finally got it all in...only for me to walk around to the driver's side and realize it was filling half of my seat as well.  It would have been impossible to drive, so I had to leave the chair at the store, drive home and unload the stroller, and go back to the store so we could put the chair in the trunk.  It took up every inch of my trunk.  Then I took it home, switched it for the stroller again, and continued my day which included getting lunch for Kristian (who was at work) and then going by Discover Mills to find some shorts for Anne and a "Thank You" card to put with the chair for Kristian.  Needless to say, he's pretty happy with the chair :-D

My best friend's older son's 8th birthday party was Saturday evening, which was tons of fun.  It had been too long since we'd hung out.  They hired a scientist chick to come do a presentation for the kids (cool science experiments including electricity, fire, slime, and a cotton candy finale) and I think I enjoyed it as much as the kids did. Granted, I don't think I've ever given up my inner child, but it was Science Experiments!! How could that not be entertaining?!

Saturday night I was actually awake enough to stay up late for once so, after we put Anne to bed, Kristian and I stayed up watching The Tudors (season 3 I think).  Love that show.  For more reason than one...it was a very, very good night. :-)

Sunday we skipped church in favor of getting more sleep; Kristian actually getting to sleep in, me getting up at 7 am with Anne but getting to lay down with her when she took her morning nap.  Snuggling with the baby = win.  Did some chores and ran errands and then we had dinner with Kristian's parents.  Was great to see them and we got some very good news so it was a great day overall.

And the icing on the cake...I'm in the process of negotiating a somewhat part-time schedule at work so I can spend more time with Anne and feel less stressed trying to take care of my house and husband.  Win!



No comments:

Post a Comment