Thursday, August 25, 2011

More Adventures in Baby Led Weaning

Recently at Anne's daycare, the teachers let the babies play with blackberries and blueberries to make "art" by squishing them and spreading the fruit and juice around on a piece of paper.

Looking around at all the designs created by Anne's classmates, I noted that the pages were covered in juice and bits of fruit.  Then I finally found Anne's picture.

Her masterpiece has two small smudges.

When I looked at it and laughed, her teacher, Nika, confirmed my suspicions...because Anne is the only baby who has been eating solid/whole foods for several months, she has a really good pincer grasp, and she recognizes food for what it is.  Berries aren't for painting, they're for eating! Nika told me she had to actually press Anne's hand into one of the pieces of fruit to get her to smash it.   Oh, sweet Anne.  Already the different one. lol

1 comment:

  1. haha! yeah I think Alex would look at me like I was crazy if I tried this! Doesn't help that blueberries are his all time favorite food. Way to go Anne...you show those kids how smart you are! (LOL, we had the same problem with Alex's smash cake. Good thing I made the icing and it wasn't loaded with sugar, cause he just sat there and picked little pieces of icing off and neatly ate them. SO much for smashing!) :-)

    ReplyDelete